Sponsorship for a Husband or Wife in the UAE: A Guide
Are you considering sponsoring your spouse to join you in the UAE? It’s a common scenario for many expats living in the UAE, and the process can seem daunting. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps you need to take to sponsor your husband or wife for a UAE visa.
- Male expatriates should have a minimum salary of AED 3000 to AED 4000 per month plus accommodation
- Female expatriates need to have a minimum salary of AED 8000 or AED 10000 plus accommodation.
- If the female expatriate is a teacher, doctor or engineer, she must have a minimum salary of AED 5000.
- Everyone above the age of 18 must have passed the medical fitness test where they will also be tested for HIV and Tuberculosis
The next step is to gather the necessary documents. You’ll need the following:
- online application or through a registered typing office in UAE.
- passports (both original and copies) of husband, wife and children.
- passport size photograph of spouse and children.
- salary certificate (for government employees) or attested work contract (for other employees).
- medical clearance certificate for the spouse and children above 18.
- legalized marriage certificate attested by the UAE authorities (either married in UAE or in India).
- attested tenancy contract.
- copy of spouse’s employment certificate or company contract.
- latest utility bill (electricity, water, etc.).
Once you have all the required documents, you can begin the sponsorship process. Here’s what you need to do:
- Submit the sponsorship application form along with the required documents to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA).
- Pay the sponsorship fee.
- Wait for the GDRFA to process your application.
- Once your application is approved, your spouse can apply for a residency visa.
It’s important to note that all sponsored individuals are required to have health insurance in the UAE. You can either enroll your spouse in your company’s health insurance plan or purchase a separate health insurance policy.
Processing Time for The Spouse Visa Dubai
The processing time for the spouse visa in Dubai is 2 weeks approx. (paperwork application and medicals).
The pasting of the visa on the passport takes a minimum of 2 weeks.
Cancellation of Spouse Visa Dubai
However, if you wish to cancel the spouse visa, that could only be done at an authorized typing centre or an immigration office. If you choose a typing centre for the cancellation, you would be given a cancellation copy printout only upon approval. Alternatively, you can contact us and we will take care of the entire cancellation process for you.
Dubai & UAE spouse visa validity
The validity of the spousal visa is generally two years, while renewal is subject to conditions similar to a fresh residence visa.
Dubai Spouse Visa Renewal
If the sponsor wishes to renew the spouse visa Dubai, there are some easy to follow steps put together by our expert visa team to understand the visa application process. To save you the hassle & stress, we will take care of all the paperwork and deliver your spouse visa to your home.
If you wish to renew your spouse visa, you need to provide the following details.
- Valid passport copy & residence visa of the sponsor.
- Tenancy contract
- Marriage certificate
- Old Emirates ID card
- Bank statement (salary account)
- Salary certificate of sponsor
- Passport size photo from studio, white background
Additionally, there are certain charges that are associated with the renewal of spouse visa Dubai that must be paid so that your spouse could continue living in the UAE. In case your spouse overstays without the visa renewal, you will incur fines. The details of the fines are given below.
- For the first six months (180 days), 25 dirhams per day are charged
- For the second six months (180 days), the authorities charge 50 dirhams
- Also, as the threshold of a year is crossed, the spouse or sponsor needs to pay 100 dirhams a day to keep the spouse visa Dubai valid.
Sponsoring your spouse for a UAE visa can seem overwhelming, but by following the steps outlined in this guide, you can ensure a smooth and successful process. If you have any questions or concerns, it’s best to reach out to a qualified immigration consultant for guidance.