Guide on how to check and pay overstay visa fines in UAE.
Are you wondering what the penalties are for overstaying your visa in the United Arab Emirates (UAE)? In this article, we will provide a comprehensive guide on how to check and pay overstay visa fines in UAE.
Understanding Overstay Visa Fines in UAE
An overstay visa fine is a penalty imposed on individuals who stay in the UAE beyond the validity period of their visa. The fine is calculated on a daily basis and is determined by the length of the overstay. The longer the overstay, the higher the fine.
Steps to Check and Pay Overstay Visa Fines in UAE
- Visit the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) website at https://smartservices.gdrfa.gov.ae/smartservices/public/view-services/visa-services
- Select the “Check Status of Fines” option
- Enter your visa number and passport number
- Click on the “Check” button to view your overstay visa fine details
- If you have a fine, you will be given the option to pay it online through the website
Types of Overstay Visa Fines in UAE
There are two types of overstay visa fines in UAE:
- Short term overstay fines: These are imposed on individuals who overstay for a period of less than 60 days. The fine for short-term overstays is AED 100 per day.
- Long term overstay fines: These are imposed on individuals who overstay for a period of 60 days or more. The fine for long-term overstays is AED 25 per day.
UAE overstay fine payment
The ICA has provided a way to pay your overstay fine online. You just have to follow these steps:
- visit the ICA website
- click the virtual assistant on the bottom right side of your screen
- select ‘Apply for Services’ after you are provided with the list of services
- choose ‘Pay Fine’ or simply type the service number
- enter your unified number
- enter the date of birth with the following format: MM/DD/YYYY
- the details of your violation and the fines will be displayed along with the link to pay the fine (if any). Click on the link to pay
- after being redirected to the service su
In conclusion, overstaying your visa in UAE can result in significant fines, and it is important to take steps to check and pay these fines as soon as possible. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily check and pay your overstay visa fine online through the GDRFA website. If the payment is successful, you will receive a notification from the ICA along with your transaction number.